Great Partnerships Begin With Chemistry
Position: Mechanical Reliability Senior ManagerPrimary Location: Remote Based–US
Schedule: Full-Time (Remote-Based) with 30-50% travel percentage required
Reports To: Director, Corporate Reliability Team
Compensation: $170,000-$180,000 USD annum + bonus + benefits.
Salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. More specific salary range for your preferred location can be discussed during the hiring process. Please note that the compensation details listed reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, benefits, pension contributions or additional incentives.
Chemtrade is committed to delivering innovative solutions that address the complex challenges faced by our customers. As a responsible corporate citizen, we prioritize safety, sustainability, and environmental stewardship in all aspects of our operations. Our talented and diverse workforce is at the heart of our success, as we recognize that their knowledge, skills, and dedication drive our ability to deliver exceptional products and services. At Chemtrade, we believe in creating an environment where everyone feels valued, respected, and empowered to contribute their unique perspectives and talents. By putting people at the center of our operations, we build strong connections, nurture innovation, and create a fulfilling work experience for all.
About This Role and About You
Reporting to the Director, Corporate Reliability Team, this position will provide change leadership direction in respect of Mechanical Reliability for the North American Operations. They will evaluate manufacturing operations with the focus on Mechanical reliability and continuous improvement, implementing industry best practices were practicable. Best Practice standards will reflect corporate objectives of, Responsible Care principles, and Mechanical Integrity requirements. Provide leadership, counsel and technical assistance to the site managers, plant engineers, operations, maintenance, and hourly plant personnel in the field of Mechanical Reliability to attain safety, production, quality, cost, and environmental goals. Processes will strive to eliminate or minimize health and safety risks associated with operational and maintenance activities and are committed to provide a safe workplace for all workers.
• Change leadership and change management
• Influence and lead peers and indirect management
• Engineering degree from an accredited university.
• Maintenance and Reliability Certification
• Experience with Operational Excellence, Lean Six Sigma – Green belt Certification is a plus.
• Professional Engineer Registration preferred.
• 10+ of experience with mechanical integrity, predictive maintenance, preventive maintenance, and maintenance management in chemical process manufacturing plants.
• Specific experience related to reliability management in the fields of rotating equipment, boilers and burners, industrial refrigeration, corrosion prevention applications, life cycle analysis applications, process control systems.
• Experience as a direct supervisor of both wage and salaried maintenance personnel in a chemical process environment, both union and non-union.
• Strong knowledge of OSHA PSM to guide and initiate/monitor/audit site safety in a chemical process environment.
• Extensive knowledge of ASME, ASTM and other relevant standards for process equipment.
• Knowledge of Responsible Care Codes. Demonstrated commitment to employee health and safety.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, including ability conduct root cause analysis, life cycle costing
• Demonstrable success in building and leading teams.
• Ability to lead and motivate a diverse group from upper management, across the organization to the maintenance employee.
• Ability to communicate both concisely to management and at greater length to employees in training and coaching sessions.
• Must be able to show progress on multiple projects while effectively responding to instantaneous demands for support on other issues.
• Will be expected to participate on crisis management team (if needed) and deal with potentially stressful situations.
• Capable of basic drafting.
• Extensive travel required. 30-50%.
• Leads the Mechanical reliability team to develop Management Processes that reflect corporate objectives, Responsible Care principles, Process Safety Management, and Mechanical Integrity requirements. Develop, own, and implement various reliability programs across the businesses. Management processes will strive to eliminate or minimize health and safety risks associated with operational and maintenance activities and are committed to provide a safe workplace for all workers. 20%
• Direct and Supervise/Coach Engineers.10%
• Coaches’ managers, supervisors, and employees in maintenance Best Practices. Promotes cross-site cooperation and teamwork. Analyzes technical maintenance capabilities at each site and supports management in efforts to close gaps.10%
• Reviews and updates maintenance practices and procedures, including predictive and preventive maintenance programs, and communicates these requirements clearly to all sites. Supports sites in their efforts to attain “Best Practice” capability in their maintenance functions. 10%
• Establishes standards for measuring and reporting operational reliability as a reflection of maintenance function effectiveness. Identifies and addresses areas for opportunity. 10%
• Periodically reviews site operations and produces a reliability risk assessment. Utilizes risk management to produce short- and long-range capital plans. Acts as primary coordinator for capital planning program(s). 5%
• Participates in capital project design and execution as appropriate to ensure consistency of new installations with Chemtrade maintenance standards and practices. Assures respective maintenance departments are ready and capable of maintaining new installations. 10%
• Audits maintenance functions at all sites v. best practice standard. Prepares, distributes, and analyzes audit results. Prioritizes opportunities identified and leads efforts to capitalize on those opportunities. Takes corrective action as necessary to ensure adoption of corporate standard practices. 5%
• Performs failure analysis. Acts as primary technical resource for major reliability issues. Recommends and implements corrective actions.10%
• Participates on special project teams. Attends personal development training.
What Chemtrade Offers You
Embracing Diversity, Maximizing Results
At Chemtrade we are committed to cultivating a work environment that embraces and values the unique qualities of every employee. We believe in harnessing the richness of diverse talents, ideas, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives to drive our business forward. Our vision is to create a workplace where all individuals feel respected, empowered, and inspired to contribute their experiences, ideas, and perspectives.
In our culture, we celebrate multiple approaches and viewpoints. To foster an inclusive environment, we actively encourage the creation of Employee Resource Groups. These groups provide platforms for employees to share their unique perspectives, contribute their ideas, and help shape our inclusive culture. Together, we strive to build a workplace that recognizes and celebrates the diverse voices within our organization.
We recognize that the diversity of our employees is paramount to our organization’s success. It is through the diversity of perspectives that we develop and shape programs and tools that support our employees’ growth and career management.
Join us in our journey towards building an inclusive workplace that values diversity and promotes the personal and professional development of our employees.
We recognize the immense value of Employee Resource Groups (ERG’s) in fostering an including and supportive work environment. Our ERG’s serve as vital platforms for employees to connect, share experiences, and celebrate their unique backgrounds and perspectives.
We firmly believe that diversity drives innovation and fuels our success as an organization. By encouraging the formation of ERG’s, we aim to create a workplace where all individual feel empowered to bring their whole selves to work and contribute their diverse talents and ideas. Additionally, we understand the importance of work-life balance and the well-being of our employees and their families. That is why we proudly offer a range of family-friendly benefits, and opportunities for career growth and advancement.
We are committed to supporting our employees at every stage of their lives and ensuring they can thrive both professionally and personally. Join us and be a part of a company that values diversity, inclusion and the well-being of it’s employees.
Tagged as: change management, reliability engineer, remote
Position: Bulk Chemical Road Logistics Manager Primary Location: Select geographic locations in the US with proximity to Chemtrade plants; Hybrid/Remote...Apply For This Job