Non-Exempt $19 p/hr 8am – 4pm
The Maintenance Specialist is responsible for the safety and upkeep of the organization’s facilities.
CHS empowers individuals and families to live in stable housing, connect to community resources, build relationships, and access quality food.
Advocacy, Equity, Quality, Respect, Relevance.
• Perform inspections on buildings, grounds, and equipment.
• Meet with and be a resource for any outside service technicians or contractors.
• Conduct both preventative and necessary maintenance, and repairs.
• Install fixtures, equipment and appliances.
• Perform general repairs that do not require a specialized technician. Examples may include repairing drywall, painting, laying flooring, and repairing/replacing doors and other building fixtures.
• Follow local and state building codes.
• Comply with all organizational safety regulations.
• Execute special projects and assignments.
• Respond to reported maintenance repairs in a time efficient manner
• Troubleshoot issues to determine necessary repairs.
• Upkeep all exterior grounds of CHS owned properties, snow and ice removal along with lawncare and landscaping.
• Assist with moving donations, furniture or items as needed and across our sites.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Through a combination of experience and education, the Maintenance Specialist will have:
• Pre-employment physical and TB screening with results stating person is free from communicable disease, at hire and every two years thereafter.
• Act 34 Criminal, Act 33 Child Abuse, and FBI Criminal clearances.
• Basic knowledge of plumbing, carpentry, and electrical systems.
• A valid PA driver’s license, has a driving record acceptable to agency’s insurance review, and can pass an internal driving test.
• Cultural competence, being able to work effectively with all backgrounds.
• A willingness to work both independently and collaboratively.
• Ability to work and travel independently.
• Ability to follow instructions from supervisor or senior maintenance workers.
• Ability to use hand tools and power tools safely and correctly.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
A high school diploma and a minimum of one year’s professional work experience in a related field is required. A technical training degree in a related field is preferred.
Position Physical Demands:
The Maintenance Specialist will be called upon to engage in physical activity related to general maintenance, including the capacity to lift to 50lbs and stand or sit for extended periods. Also, the ability to walk up and down steps and physical activity related to special projects.
*This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. It is not an employment contract. Our company reserves the right to modify job duties or job descriptions at any time.